- WindowsCE is a reduced operating system
of Microsoft Windows95, but without bug.
Can I run Windows95 programs on CE?
- No, because CE is optimized for other types of CPU's. However, there are a number of
programs coming with the machine. You can easily find other programs on the WEB.
Does the machine have a Hard-Drive?
- No, it only has RAM and ROM. The operating system is stored in the ROM and the programs
are stored in the RAM which makes a difference in speed.
How long does it take to boot?
- Approximately 10 seconds.
How big is the machine?
- About 1,5cm large, 17cm long and 10cm deep.
Is it color? What's the screen's resolution like?
- Yes it has 256 colors and has a 640*240 screen resolution. In addition, you can connect
the HP620LX to a VGA monitor with it's optional VGA PCMCIA card.
How long will the batteries last?
- Well, it depends on the use of them and on how high you put the brightness of the
screen. Under normal circumstances they work for 4 to 8 hours with the standard Lithium
What are the specifications of the HP620LX?
- The machine has a 256 bright color screen, 16 Mb of RAM, 10 Mb of ROM, it has a PCMCIA
slot, a compact flash card slot, a serial port and an IR port. It comes with a docking
station and an AC adapter.
What's the price of it?
- You can find it for around 725$ in the United States.